- Check that both ALSA and JACK audio backends work
These are the steps to take before each release to ensure that the program is releasable.
- Run the test suite locally *
- Check that it compiles with both gcc and clang *
- Check if the build compiles with –buildtype "debugoptimized" and "release"
- Switch to staging and update the changelog using "version" as the version
- Follow the rest of the steps in git-packaging-hooks
- Test the Debian and Arch packages
- Merge staging back to master
git log to see what changed and make summarized human-readable entries in the CHANGELOG.md file.
Run the test suite locally.
- Create a Savannah news post
- Scp the tarball and sig to Savannah downloads
- Rebuild the website to apply the new version and news, create a tag with the same version as zrythm
- Rebuild the manual to apply the new version, create a tag with the same version as zrythm
- git archive the manual and scp to Savannah downloads
- Announce to social media (Mastodon)
- If major version, announce to firstname.lastname@example.org